Barbara specializes in counseling relationships. With over 35 years of therapeutic experience in the mental health field, she has worked effectively with individuals, marriages, families and groups – all combinations of relationships – in the medical, legal, educational, and church environments.
• Counsels individuals, couples, families, teens and children
• Counsels from a Christian world-view
• Utilizes sound psychological and spiritual principles
• Approaches life’s issues from a mind-body-spiritual paradigm
• Provides pre-marriage /first year marriage assessments
• Conducts training/supervision for registered marriage and family therapy interns
• Available for consulting with marriage mentoring groups, inner healings groups
Education: Fairleigh Dickinson University, MA., Human Development, 1977
License: Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Florida, 1982
• Certified Imago Relationship Therapist, 1999-present
• Approved Facilitator Elijah House Prayer Ministry, 2003-present
• Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor, 2007-present
• Approved Supervisor of registered MT interns, State of Florida, 2011-present
• Certified Marriage Mentor, 2016-present
•Certified Symbis Assessment Facilitator, 2016-present
• Family Therapy Institute with Dr. George Lindenfeld,1976-78
• Gestalt Therapy with Gertrude Krause, 1980-82
• Christian Healing Ministries, Prayer Ministry training/volunteering experiences, 2003-2007
• Theophostic Prayer Ministry, Basic I and II, Advanced Training, 2002-2007
• Immanuel Prayer Ministry, 2011 – present
• Ransomed Heart Ministries, Captivating and Adv. Captivating conferences, 2014 with John and Stasi Eldredge
• Brene’ Brown Living Brave Seminar @ Courageworks, 2016
• Design of Desire Conference with Dan Allender 2016
• Healing and Restoration Conference with John Eldredge and Dan Allender 2016
• Healing the Wounded Heart online class with Seattle School of Theology and Psychology, Dan Allender, 2016
American Association Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member 1986-2007.
American Association Christian Counselors (AACC), 2004-present
Sheepshed Mentoring Ministries, Board member, 2003- present
God’s plans and purposes permeate my counseling practice because I have learned that it is only through Him that complete healing and restoration is possible. So although I still use all the psychological tools I have practiced with through the years, my first response to all issues brought before me now is to create a safe environment in which I can connect to my client, and I can facilitate a connection to God, so that He can direct the process. When we stay attuned to Him, we can then receive His ministry. Since God is relational (God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit—the perfect relationship) and He created us in His image,
I am passionate about helping others fulfill the Greatest Commandment,
to love God and to love others as ourselves with all our hearts,
Matthew 22: 37-40.
Because humans live in a broken world filled with hurting people who then hurt people, and because so much of our lives have been marred by evil, death and destruction, we need healing, and I believe that ultimate healing comes only from God. I will facilitate the process for that healing and restoration. We will also work on maintaining and protecting that which has been redeemed and restored. An ongoing relationship with God is the only way to make it out of this world alive!
In order to achieve this healing and restoration, we must come out of hiding and confess truth, stop running from the challenges in our lives, and trust God to do as He promises…to sustain us, to help us through the storms, and to complete the work He began in us when we made Him the Lord of our life.
It is in this divine connection with
God that we will experience His empowering love, grace, mercy, peace and joy.
I am honored and privileged to journey with you through this holy experience as God transforms us into the people He created us to be. God sees us as “broken and beautiful” and His love makes us new!
Jesus says, I am the Way,
the Truth and the Life. John 14:6